If you wish to work at a particular gym, ask them what fitness training certifications they accept. Usually, the fitness director or general manager can supply you with a list. Be aware too that some gyms feature their own trainer certification. … Typically, you can only use the certification at the gym where you apply.
What jobs can you get at a gym?
Gym manager. Personal training studio manager. Group fitness co-ordinator. Personal training manager.
Types of Career in the Fitness Industry
- Community sports coach.
- Recreation assistant.
- Grounds and facility maintenance.
- Sports administration assistant.
- Sports-related retail or customer service provider.
Is working at a gym a good job?
Many managers, personal trainers and group exercise instructors started out working the front desk, or in child care. Positive Work Environment: The gym environment is generally a happy and positive one. All those fit healthy people, full of endorphins! … Education: The gym offers tons of opportunities to learn and grow.
What are the requirements to work at a gym?
How to become a Fitness Instructor
- Complete a qualification in fitness. …
- Considering completing a Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215), which will qualify you to work as a Personal Trainer, a Diploma of Fitness (SIS50215), or a Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management (SIS50115).
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate.
Can anyone work in a gym?
Although background qualifications for fitness workers differ by specialty, gyms typically hire those with certification, which represents documented proof of their expertise. Newly certified, personal trainers, who conduct exercise sessions for individuals, must initially work with more experienced trainers.
What jobs in fitness pay well?
10 Kickass Fitness Jobs Besides Personal Training
- Fitness tech engineer. Average Salary: $125,000. …
- CEO of a gym chain. Average salary: Between $1-5 million. …
- Professor of kinesiology. …
- Physical therapist. …
- Fitness apparel designer. …
- Fitness model. …
- Fitness start-up partner. …
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
What is the best career in fitness?
8 Awesome Health and Fitness Jobs Besides Personal Training
- Sports Nutritionist.
- Leisure Manager.
- Sports Therapist.
- Group Fitness Instructor.
- Wellness Coach.
- Sports Coach.
What are the benefits of working at a gym?
The Benefits of Working Out at the Gym Aren’t Just For Your Body
- Make Time for the Gym. …
- Your Mental Health Depends on Exercise. …
- Exercise is All About Healthy Chemicals. …
- Sharpen Your Memory and Boost Brain Power. …
- Heart-Pumping Sessions Increase Creativity.
What do I say in a gym interview?
Why do you want to work for a gym? State you enjoy physical activity and will enjoy helping others get healthy. Say you would prefer working for a gym as it promotes health and well being. Mention you have strong communication skills which will help when working with customers.
Is it illegal to personal train without certification?
One of the most important factors in personal training is being certified. You should be prepared to complete an educational program that results in an official certification. This is not legally required. In fact, no state has a law requiring personal trainers to be certified.